What to do when loneliness begins to chew? First of all, we want to remind you that this feeling is very normal - we, as human beings, are social animals, needless to say, and we need communication, closeness and support.
It is worth remembering that you are not really alone in the feeling of loneliness - there are definitely others who also long for supportive communication. All you have to do is find them!
How to keep in touch with friends or loved ones?
Even if you can't physically meet friends and relatives (for example, during a coronary pandemic), there are several ways to stay in touch:
- Make friends video calls. If loneliness doesn't give you peace of mind, you can make long video calls with a friend that lasts all day in the background. You don't have to talk all the time, you can just offer each other company when dealing with your things. In the meantime, you can chat as if you were together.
- There are many options on the web as well jointly watch movies or videos, to draw, play tableAnd computer games.
- Be in touch acquaintances or friends with whom you have not been in contact for a long time. "You know, we haven't talked in a long time, but it came to my mind!" is one way to open conversations with them.
- If you have relatives - call them! Your call can bring them great joy. And maybe there is someone among your relatives or neighbors who needs help bringing food from the store or in some other way?
- If the head is thick and all the features of the room wall have been examined, it is possible to grab headphones or a friend and go a safe distance. walk in the yard.
What if I have no one ..?
- If you feel you have no one to rely on and would like to meet new people - join, for example, the Estonian Youth Mental Health Movement. We meet online every week - we regularly have noise therapy, which means a nice free-form discussion on various topics, and online joint activities.
- In addition to ENVTL, there are many youth organizations where you can find fierce people. You can find them for example From the website of the Estonian Youth Association. ENL has also put together information about what youth associations offer in an emergency.
- Become a volunteer! There are many channels for this, for example Community Enough, Volunteer Gate and Helpific.
- The youth centers also operate online! Find your nearest youth center, and if they don't already have great activities written on the website or Facebook to participate in, write to them!
- Facebook and many other environments (including the websites of various universities, training centers, etc.) offer many exciting web-based trainings, in which, in addition to gaining new knowledge, like-minded people can also be found
How to tolerate being alone?
- It will definitely help to entertain and develop yourself series, films and podcast'id. Everyone probably knows the important role of music, but sometimes it is also good to just play a series in the background to break the silence.
- Of course books and audiobooks. The latter can be found free of charge in Estonian from the e-library ELLU, English works for example Z-library'st.
- Creative activity - writing, drawing, painting, building, crafts, singing, playing the instrument - gives the opportunity to create something with your own hands and to express emotions in the process. If you notice the thought, "I don't know anything about them," then grab the ox by the horn, everything is learnable!
- Tee training or develop being in the moment, that is mindfulness'i skills. You can find a lot of videos on Youtube for both of them at home.
- Go alone in the yard geocaching, Pokemon Goor play another phone game.
- Take care of a living being. If there are no furry, feathered or four-legged people at home, then small plant babies can always be brought to life.
- Express your frustration! This situation is devastating, and you don't have to keep that feeling.
- Remind yourself that the ability to be alone is one of the most useful skillsto develop. But like any skill, it needs a little practice!
What if loneliness is unbearable?
If the above thoughts did not give you the support you need and strong loneliness, anxiety or other worries still interfere with your daily life, then feel free to seek help. Peaasi.ee On the page you will find a lot of supportive information and you can feel free to worry about yourself or someone close to you write to the main e-advisors. Counselors can also provide support in difficulties, and you can write on the pages 24/7 via chat pleaseabi.ee or lasteabi.ee.